This is the concrete job description: you will lead 3 meetings autonomously. The items you have to discuss (among others) are: studying efficiently, week schedules, familiarizing the university systems.
You will have two trainings by a professional trainer of the Student Service Centre. The first training is scheduled on Thursday morning 31 Aug. 2017 from 10.00-12.30. We expect you to participate in this training. You will learn about team dynamics and study techniques which might be useful also for your own study career. The Department will pay you a modest fee.
– You finished the complete first year programme
– You are available (at least) during the whole first semester
– You’re available starting from the first trainingsdate
– You will participate in the Tutor Day in the first week of September
– You will be present at the faculty introduction day
– You are employable in the introduction week from 4th to 8th September
– You are well informed concerning the structures of the programme
– You feel empathy for the freshmen issues and you know the options within the programme
– You like to deal with and guide a group
– You are enthousiastic and you are able to communicate your enthusiasm
The Department started an English track. Therefore the mentor groups will be mixed and provided in English.
If you are a well-motivated student who has an eye for intercultural differences and if you like to teach something to someone else, please send your letter of application to email@example.com stating “Student Tutor 2017 2018” before Monday 19 June 9:00 AM.
The job interviews will take place in the same week , probably on 22 June and and 26 June.